Ophthalmologist - Barcelona, Spain
Dr. Jeroni Nadal received his Doctor in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) in 1984, specializing in Ophthalmology (1991). He completed a Retinal Fellowship at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre. He is coordinator of the Retina Surgery Unit and Macula Unit and belongs to several scientific societies. He is a Member of a number of professional organizations, including the European Academy of Opthalmology. Dr. Nadal has received numerous awards, including "Best of Show Award" from the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He is the author of four patents in development of instrumental for vitreous and retinal surgery.
Dr. Nadal’s professional activities includes:
- Deputy Coordinator of the Retina and Vitreous Department.
- Coordinator of the Macula Unit.
Dr. Nadal’s publications include:
- “Vitrectomy with Intrasurgical Control of Ocular Hypotony as a Treatment for Central Retina Artery Occlusion.” (2015) Nadal J, Ding Wu A, Canut M.
- “Vitrectomy and internal limiting membrane peeling for macular folds secondary to hypotony in myopes.” (2015) Nadal J, Carreras E, Canut M, Barraquer RI.
- “Neovascular glaucoma treatment with extraction of anterior chamber fibrovascular tissue.” (2013) Nadal J, Carreras E, Kudsieh B, Canut M.
- “Treatment of retinal detachment secondary to macular hole in high myopia: vitrectomy with dissection of the inner limiting membrane to the edge of the staphyloma and long-term tamponade.” (2012) Nadal J, Verdaguer P, Canut M.